Friday, August 28, 2009

The Beatles play Bob Dylan

I've had some difficulty deciding what to do with The Beatles play Bob Dylan, a newly circulating bootleg LP. I don't normally list bootlegs on the site, and despite the title this LP isn't really a "Dylan cover album," with only 5 of 21 tracks being Dylan songs, and three of those are only short fragments (Blowin' In The Wind, Please Mrs. Henry, All Along The Watchtower.)
George performs the other two Dylan songs solo, approximately 2 minutes each - I Threw It All Away and Mama You Been On My Mind.
The LP, issued on blue vinyl, is Volume 3 of "The Beatles Sweet Apple Trax" series.
All the tracks are from the January 1969 Get Back/Let It Be Sessions.
I have had a few readers suggest the album, so ultimately I decided to list the LP in the Near Misses section.
Thanks to Ronald Born for the scan & info.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great blog, good information! I was wondering if you could locate MORE information on the Sweet Apple Trax 3 blog? I have a sealed copy which I picked up and haven't been able to find much Internet data about it. Vigotone, though out of business I guess, doesn't list this LP on their site. Any help is appreciated.

6:36 PM  
Blogger D.P. said...

Look here: http://www.discogs.com/Beatles-The-Beatles-Play-Bob-Dylan-Sweet-Apple-Trax-3/release/1767061

Also if you Google "beatles play bob dylan" there are several other pages that reference the LP.

Since Vigotone is OOB and this is a new release, I assume it's not from the original Vigotone label.

Good to know you find the Blog useful.

10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home