Thursday, June 05, 2008

Miscellaneous ramblings...

Added: Thanks to Ronald Born for 20 45 & EP scans for use in the DataBase. See them HERE.

UK band Ancient Cracked Voice has added a listen-only cover of I Dreamed I Saw St. Augustine to their MySpace player. The track is from The Well of Follies, their current album project.
She Belongs To Me from their The Perfect Match album is still available, but Blind Willie McTell has been deleted.
I can use a scan of the CD if anyone has it.

Shawn Elliott's 1966 cover of Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues can be downloaded at the I'm Learning To Share! blog. The track is from the singer/actor's LP Shame & Scandal In The Family. Tom Thumb's Blues was released as a single in France.

The Hibbings are a Dylan cover band at Kyoto University in Japan. They have videos of Tonight I'll Be Staying Here With You and Hurricane on YouTube.

More YouTube covers of Tonight I'll Be Staying Here With You: Carolyn Wonderland, Happy Traum, Larry Hoyt

Recently discovered covers by singer/songwriters:
Ballad Of A Thin Man
Andy Santana / Take Me With You CD Baby
I Shall Be Released
Kenny James / Give Me Peace CD Baby
I Shall Be Released
Harley Symington / Don't Talk CD Baby

No Dylan Content: Leonard Cohen fans may be interested in the self-titled CD by Conspiracy of Beards, a 30-man a cappella choir from San Francisco whose repertoire consists of only Cohen songs. The 5-track CD is available from CD Baby.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home