Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Condolences...

It's with sadness I report the passing of Kevin Kent of South Africa. Kevin was a long-time contributor to DylanCover.com and an avid trader of Beatles & other artists as well as Dylan & Dylan covers. He was my sole contact in that part of the world, keeping me informed of South African Dylan covers both new & old.
My condolences to his wife & family.

I received this rare cover from him in our last trade. A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall is from the rare self-titled LP by South African folksinger Rod Bolin, recorded live at the University of Cape Town, in March & May of 1966. (Folk Records LP663)

2 Comments:

Blogger thrillwriter said...

Funny thing. I am Rod Bolin's son, John Bolin and was surfing the net when I came across your blog. I am a big Dylan fan, of course, but was shocked to see my dad's album cover here. I have a couple of questions. Any idea who I could talk to about the outside chance of finding a master reel of my dad's music? Also, what would you take for his LP? I could offer a trade...

9:19 PM  
Blogger D.P. said...

[replied by e-mail 2/20/08]

3:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home